Tuesday 10 November 2015

30DWC - Catch up day - Echidna visitation

Day 20: Put your music player on shuffle and write the first 3 songs that play and what your initial thought is. 

What music player? Shuffle? That's for card games isn't it? 

Day 21: Your zodiac/horoscope and whether you think it fits you

I'm a Leo. Yes!

What I really want to tell you about today: an echidna came to visit!

This little guy was in the garden again today. He visited a couple of days ago and we watched him potter about behind the house muscling under bits of bark and rocks looking for ants to eat. Today I noticed him out the front on top of this big old tree stump. It was a bit far to photograph him from inside...I took the first few of him from inside in case he noticed me heading out and scurried away. 

Luckily I moved slowly enough to get up close and see him slurping up those ants. It was so cool to sit and watch him. I couldn't resist taking a few snaps and the click of the camera alerted him to my presence. He was a bit unsure about that and made himself into a ball for protection. I sat really still and soon he decided to move to somewhere safer and climbed down from the stump. He stayed at the base of the stump for quite a while before feeling safe enough to move off through the cutting grass. 

What a little beauty he was. Is there a camera that doesn't click? I think I might need to get one! 
Hope you enjoy the pics. And doesn't the world feel like a better place when you can get outside and just sit and watch a wonder like this!

Kerry x

PS My clever son just came home from town and turned off the sounds in my camera. Problem solved!










2 comments:

  1. Engaging writing yet again Kerry, thank you i so enjoy reading these. Some great photos here Kerry I was going to mention turning the click off but no need! Maybe your son will tell you about the music player & shuffle it's quite relaxing. So you are a Leo! Wonderful zodiac sign am surrounded by them! Beautiful nature. ..There is something to it, we are after all born under the stars! Cheers Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ana. It means a lot to know that my writing brings you enjoyment. Leos are everywhere...or perhaps we gravitate towards one another? Life is full of mystery!

    ReplyDelete