This is the condensed version - otherwise how hellish boring would it be for you to examine the minutiae of my life!
- Woke late because I stayed up late last night listening to Byron Katie on Youtube.
- Washed dishes and left to air dry.
- Talked with Mark and listened a lot.
- Made a 'fridge' salad - massive bowl to keep us going all day.
- Checked the mail.
- Highlight of the day - visited a lovely friend I've not seen for a while and cuddled her wee five day old baby son - and enjoyed her super-delicious home-made lemon bliss balls.
- Home again, home again jiggety-jig.
- Rang a friend and chatted a while.
- Bought a ticket online for tonight's lotto (wish me good luck!)
- Looked up the title for today's writing challenge.
- Wrote this.
I have taken a reduced load at work this term to rest and recuperate from life a bit. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have the time and energy to go visiting and to phone and chat. It is such a beautiful gift to have given myself. The other option was to keep driving myself until I dropped in my tracks (not so much physically but mentally and emotionally)...and in the end I considered that not to be an option. I'm grateful for the support I've had from friends, family and work colleagues to be able to take a little time for self-care. Note to self: as fascinating as Byron Katie and her work might be, earlier nights fit better into the self-care picture. Thank you.
Hope you've had a good day too!
Tomorrow a quote I try to live by...
See you then!
Cheers for now...