Sunday 25 October 2015

30DWC A place you would live, but have never visited

Day 5: A place you would live, but have never visited

Being a bit of a gypsy at heart I think I would live almost anywhere for a short time...and probably many places for a longer time. I've lived on a cruising yacht and loved visiting different places. I'm not exactly a 'world traveller' but I did enjoy the excitement of moving from place to place. Travelling on a boat has the advantage that you take 'home' with you, so you always feel....'at home'. Not sure about doing that again, but perhaps I would if the right circumstances presented themselves. In the meantime I'm considering a caravan or a campervan both of which offer similar advantages. 

I think I'd like to have a go at living in some of the countries in Europe - perhaps Spain or Portugal or Greece. Somewhere that is warm but not tooo hot. I like it not too hot and not too cold but just right. Just call me Goldilocks! I see delicious photos of such exotic places shared by friends on Facebook, and think about how much I would like to live somewhere with old buildings - historical buildings - and to wonder about the lives that went before, and how people lived in centuries past. In the same buildings but without luxuries like electricity and running water. 

I'm pretty lucky I guess because I am good at making 'home' wherever I happen to be, so wherever I find myself I will soon settle in and adapt (allowing for the Goldilocks rule though, not sure I would do well in a super hot or super cold environment).

I expect wherever I went to live that I might soon feel restless and then be ready to move to the next place. I don't really have much more I can say on this subject for now. I like a slow pace of life and time to sit and chat with friend and acquaintances. I like warm sunshine and soft breezes. I like to be near the ocean. I like dry air rather than moist - avoid mould so no monsoonal areas. I like open fronted shops and al fresco eateries. I like islands and open fires and long twilight hours leading into starry nights. I like handsome men strumming guitars, haha! Perhaps you know of a place that might suit me well. Please make suggestions just in case I get itchy feet again soon!

I'm feeling a bit tired so won't go on too long today. We've had our 3rd Sunday Club today - a few of us meet up for a movie in town. It's always such a lovely day but it's a long drive in and out. How lucky I am to have such precious and beautiful friends. We all encourage one another and seriously, we're like a bunch of school girls with all of us talking at the same time!! It's such fun!

Cheers to you all out there. Where do you live? Or where would you like to live. It's hard to choose somewhere that you've not been before! 

Kerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment